Design for book wrapper: Dutch edition by Jan Veth of Walter Crane's "The Claims of Decorative Art"
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Title : Design for book wrapper: Dutch edition by Jan Veth of Walter Crane's "The Claims of Decorative Art"
- Artist: G. W. (Gerrit Willem)Dijsselhof Artist Jan (Pieter) Veth Editor Walter Crane Author
- Accession: TD1989.317.55
- Country: Netherlands
- Date: 1890
- Dimensions: Inches 22-3/8 15-5/8, Centimeters 56.8 39.7
- Collection: Object
- Category: Book Design and Illustration
- Collection Theme: Art Nouveau
- Subject: Books/Book Design , Graphic Design
- Credit Line: The Wolfsonian–Florida International University, Miami Beach, Florida, The Mitchell Wolfson, Jr. Collection
- URL: TD1989.317.55.JPG
- Tags: Art Nouveau~Nieuwe Kunst, Dutch Art Nouveau~Book Design and Illustration~Prints, Drawings, and Photographs
Description: Black ink on paper proof print for a paperback book wrapper divided into four narrow horizontal panels adorned with cartouches and Art Nouveau borders.